Press release for TCT Western Michigan Gathering

Contacts: Terri L. Creeden, 231-798-3711 or Ed Golder, 517-335-3014

Department: Natural Resources

Date: February 9, 2012


(Event Date is June 9, but need early responses)

Vintage Camper Enthusiasts to Gather in June at P.J. Hoffmaster State Park

Take a step back in time and relive those childhood memories of summer camping by attending the Vintage Camper Gathering and Open House set to take place from11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 9 at P.J. Hoffmaster State Park in Muskegon.

Camp along the lakeshore and take a nostalgic tour around the park while visiting with other vintage camper enthusiasts from across the Midwest.  Club members from the Tin Can Tourists and Tear Jerkers will be displaying their vintage trailers. Join in the fun, sit and reminisce, make a craft item or play an old-time game.

All reservations are welcome; however owners of vintage or unique camping equipment who would like to participate in the open house are encouraged to make early reservations in order to secure a spot in or near the already reserved sites of 174 through 230. To learn more about the event, call Terri Creeden, 231-798-3711 or email: For reservations, call (800) 447-2757 or visit

P.J. Hoffmaster State Park is located at 6585 Lake Harbor Road in Muskegon (Muskegon County). For information on the park, visit

A Recreation Passport is required for vehicles entering P.J. Hoffmaster State Park. The Recreation Passport has replaced motor vehicle permits for entry into Michiganstate parks, recreation areas and state-administered boating access fee sites. This new way to fund Michigan’s outdoor recreation opportunities also helps to preserve state forest campgrounds, trails and historic and cultural sites in state parks, and provides park development grants to local communities.

Michigan residents can purchase the Recreation Passport ($10 for motor vehicles; $5 for motorcycles) by checking “YES” on their license plate renewal forms, or at any state park or recreation area. Nonresident motor vehicles must still display a valid nonresident Recreation Passport ($29 annual; $8 daily) to enter a Michigan state park, recreation area or state-administered boating access fee site; these can be purchased at any state park or recreation area, or through the Michigan e-Store at To learn more about the Recreation Passport, visit or call (517) 241-7275.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *