Here are some helpful links and filters for Rallies
- This event has passed.
2017 Wizard of Oz Festival
The City of Ionia DDA is hosting their annual Wizard of Oz Festival on Saturday, June 17th in our beautiful historic downtown. We are hoping to attract a grouping of vintage travel trailers and RV’s again this year. The committee will be presenting awards in several categories.
The registration fee is only $15 per trailer and will include a complimentary ticket to our Celebrity Dinner & Auction hosted on the evening of the 17th (general tickets are priced at $10 each).
The campers can arrive on Friday night and stay over until Sunday morning. The $10 fee will need to be increased – additional $10 for each night. As in the past, they will not be able to use their air conditioners due to the electricity availability.
Linda Curtis, Ionia DDA
Official Tin Can Tourists Rallies
The qualifications for a listing as an official TCT Gathering the following guidelines are:
- The Gathering is hosted by a Regional Representative or an active TCT member
- The rally will adhere to the TCT Guiding principles of “clean camps, friendliness among campers, decent behavior and to secure plenty of clean, wholesome entertainment for those in the camp”
- TCT membership is a requirement for attendance. Membership requirements must be clearly stated and collection of the Tin Can Tourists membership fee must be part of the rally registration process.
- The Regional Representative will be the clearing house for area events and recommend events that they feel meet the guidelines for the Official designation. The Regional Representative should be kept informed about the events overall organization.
- Concourses will be limited to the Annual Gathering and Regional Rallies. TCT purchases the awards and provides some judging guidelines and wants to keep such awards “special” by limiting the number of such events. It is up to the Regional Representative as to whether they want to provide a concours for attendees. Each geographical area is unique and the Regional Representative is best suited to decide if such an activity is to be provided.