Here are some helpful links and filters for Rallies
- This event has passed.
Hiawassee, GA Spring Rally (aka GMA Spring Rally)
April 20 - April 22$32.00
Make reservations soon!!! Mention Area 2, Vintage Camper Group.
Special Invite to Canned ham campers, other unusual vintage campers & vintage tow vehicles!!!
TIN CAN TOURISTS Co-sponsored rally, held at “one of the only two” official TIN CAN TOURISTS Vintage Friendly Campgrounds in Georgia!!!
TCT Co-Sponsored but does not require membership but we use it as an opportunity to get the word out about the club. (This is NOT a TCT Official “members only” rally)
Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds
Address: 1311 Music Hall Rd, Hiawassee, GA 30546
Phone number: (706) 896-4191
Email address: email@example.com
Scattered throughout the fairgrounds are 189 camping and RV sites that offer modern conveniences such as water, electricity, sewer hook-up, WI-FI, telephone and cable service. There are 92 sites in the first area and 97 paved sites, open year-round, in the second area. Most sites offer beautiful views of Lake Chatuge, and campers can take advantage of the fairgrounds’ many amenities including two playgrounds, a boat ramp, two tennis courts, paved playing courts, shaded picnic tables and the Hamilton Rhododendron Gardens. Reservations can be made by calling (706) 896-4191.
No rally fees. Old & new travel trailers & motor homes welcome. With a strong emphasis on fellowship, inclusiveness, and relaxed scheduling, gathering in Hiawassee, Ga. has become a tradition for many of us who have met at this location for many years, to meet, share information, and enjoy time together as spring blossoms bud and temperatures warm up. Beautiful campground on a lake with mountain backdrop with spacious sites. Small, rural town of Hiawassee, with grocery stores, great Mom & Pop restaurants, antiquing, etc. only 5 minutes from campground.
Arrangements had been made with the good people at Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds who graciously agreed to hold 30- 40 sites in Area 2 for us as well as reserve the pavilion for us Friday evening and all day Saturday. This is Full hook-up campground.
As always, rally events include a Friday icebreaker, Saturday morning brunch, a Saturday afternoon Tour of Trailers, Saturday evening potluck, after dinner entertainment, and campfires!
-SWAP MEET & PERSONAL MADE ITEMS:
Let me know if there is an interest in a coordinated swap meet for camping goodies or other homemade type goods. In the past, some folks have just set up or put out things near their trailer. This may work fine. Email me directly.
We are considering some brief informative seminars…if anyone has a suggestions of something they’d like to see, email me directly. Since it worked well in the past, we want to maintain the loose, laid back structure of all the previous years’ events held here so we hope to keep these seminars brief. At the same time, we want to learn any tips & tricks from more seasoned campers. We’re not looking to tie anyone into a schedule. There will be no sign up, etc for any possible seminar. When a time is determined, it will be posted. If it is something you want to attend, you can attend or not. I may do one on TST Tire Pressure Monitors if there is interest. A great product many of us already use & I’ve been a distributor for them for several years.
-GREAT DESTINATIONS SEMINAR:
Basically, a seasoned camper introducing interesting campgrounds to some of us that haven’t heard of them…audience participation encouraged…audience, please bring a brief description of your favorite campground to this seminar…or be prepared to offer basic info about your favorite campground.
-LADY’S TOWING SEMINAR:
We are also considering a seminar on lady’s towing. (still reaching out on this one). I know many of you ladies already do tow!!! Others may be interested, either to tow on their own or as a backup in case of an injury of their other half. I recently had foot surgery and could not drive for 30 days. If there are any ladies interested in this seminar, please email me. If there is a lady interested in presenting this seminar (I personally know of at least three qualified to present!), email me directly.
I know we are looking forward to meeting up in Hiawassee again with old friends! Thanks!No tags for this post.
Official Tin Can Tourists Rallies
The qualifications for a listing as an official TCT Gathering the following guidelines are:
- The Gathering is hosted by a Regional Representative or an active TCT member
- The rally will adhere to the TCT Guiding principles of “clean camps, friendliness among campers, decent behavior and to secure plenty of clean, wholesome entertainment for those in the camp”
- TCT membership is a requirement for attendance. Membership requirements must be clearly stated and collection of the Tin Can Tourists membership fee must be part of the rally registration process.
- The Regional Representative will be the clearing house for area events and recommend events that they feel meet the guidelines for the Official designation. The Regional Representative should be kept informed about the events overall organization.
- Concourses will be limited to the Annual Gathering and Regional Rallies. TCT purchases the awards and provides some judging guidelines and wants to keep such awards “special” by limiting the number of such events. It is up to the Regional Representative as to whether they want to provide a concours for attendees. Each geographical area is unique and the Regional Representative is best suited to decide if such an activity is to be provided.