Here are some helpful links and filters for Rallies
- This event has passed.
Shadow of the Bear Rally
September 14 - September 17$20
Indigo Bluffs RV Park & Resort is just south of Sleeping Bear dunes.
Reserve now for the 1st annual 2017 “Shadow of the Bear” TCT rally at Indigo Bluffs RV Park and Resort near Empire, Michigan. First year rally fee $20.00 per site.
- Thursday: Arrive and check in at the park and with rally hosts. Set up and meet and greet. Dinner on your own.
- Friday: Breakfast pot luck then visit Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore and other area attractions. Area maps and information provided. Lunch on your own. Meet back at the park for a 6:00 p.m. pot luck supper and share your day’s exploring and adventures.
- Saturday: Breakfast pot luck then spruce up for open house from noon ‘till 3:00. Lunch on your own. Pot luck supper at 6:00 and visiting.
- Sunday: Rolls and coffee. Safe travels and see you next year.
STEP ONE: CAMPING REGISTRATION:
Indigo Bluffs has reserved a block of sites for the rally at reduced rates for rally attendees. $20 per night for water/electric and $25 per night for full hook up. Both back-in and pull-thru sites are available. View the campground map on the Indigo Bluffs website www.indigobluffs.com then call Indigo Bluffs at 231-326-5050 to reserve/pay. Be sure to tell Indigo Bluffs that you are with the TCT group.
STEP TWO: RALLY REGISTRATION:
Print this page with the registration form. Complete the form and mail with a check for $20.00 payable to Kathleen Hibbard, PO Box 191, Benzonia, MI 49616. Registration has been extended to September 10th due to the campground providing us with additional sites. September 10th will also be the deadline to request a refund.
Official Tin Can Tourists Rallies
The qualifications for a listing as an official TCT Gathering the following guidelines are:
- The Gathering is hosted by a Regional Representative or an active TCT member
- The rally will adhere to the TCT Guiding principles of “clean camps, friendliness among campers, decent behavior and to secure plenty of clean, wholesome entertainment for those in the camp”
- TCT membership is a requirement for attendance. Membership requirements must be clearly stated and collection of the Tin Can Tourists membership fee must be part of the rally registration process.
- The Regional Representative will be the clearing house for area events and recommend events that they feel meet the guidelines for the Official designation. The Regional Representative should be kept informed about the events overall organization.
- Concourses will be limited to the Annual Gathering and Regional Rallies. TCT purchases the awards and provides some judging guidelines and wants to keep such awards “special” by limiting the number of such events. It is up to the Regional Representative as to whether they want to provide a concours for attendees. Each geographical area is unique and the Regional Representative is best suited to decide if such an activity is to be provided.