Here are some helpful links and filters for Rallies
- This event has passed.
The Marysville Hot Wheels Weekend
Hello on August 26th the Marysville business council will be holding the annual Marysville Hot Wheels Weekend. This event is held in Maysville park along the St. Clair River. Every year this even has gotten larger and larger and each year we try to add something to the event that celebrates the American car culture, Following a few discussions we realized that the vintage camper movement would be such an amazing addition to the event as much like the automotive that allowed people to get out on the road and see the country, it was the camper that gave them somewheres to stay. It is estimated that this years event will feature over 700 vehicles along with live rockabilly music all day long on the main stage. There will also be a vintage Pin Up girl contest featuring outfits that were celebrated in the 1930s, 40s and 1950s. We have also added to this years event celebrity, Butch Patrick to the show. Butch Patrick played Eddie Munster in the now classic 1960s television show, The Munsters. Butch will be bringing along with him the Munster cars that were made so famous in the series. Because of the excitement to growth of this years show, we have set aside the Eastside of the park for campsites for your members. Shady, plenty of power and restrooms are right by the site. There there also a spectacular view of the river in this location. I spoke with Forrest this weekend and we discussed the location as he was in the park for another event. The location should be able to hold between 20 and 30 or your members campsites.
Official Tin Can Tourists Rallies
The qualifications for a listing as an official TCT Gathering the following guidelines are:
- The Gathering is hosted by a Regional Representative or an active TCT member
- The rally will adhere to the TCT Guiding principles of “clean camps, friendliness among campers, decent behavior and to secure plenty of clean, wholesome entertainment for those in the camp”
- TCT membership is a requirement for attendance. Membership requirements must be clearly stated and collection of the Tin Can Tourists membership fee must be part of the rally registration process.
- The Regional Representative will be the clearing house for area events and recommend events that they feel meet the guidelines for the Official designation. The Regional Representative should be kept informed about the events overall organization.
- Concourses will be limited to the Annual Gathering and Regional Rallies. TCT purchases the awards and provides some judging guidelines and wants to keep such awards “special” by limiting the number of such events. It is up to the Regional Representative as to whether they want to provide a concours for attendees. Each geographical area is unique and the Regional Representative is best suited to decide if such an activity is to be provided.