Here are some helpful links and filters for Rallies
- This event has passed.
Modernism Week Vintage Trailer Show*
February 25 @ 10:00 am - February 26 @ 3:00 pm
Come and say hello at Modernism Week is February 16 – 26, 2017 and many wonderful events are offered (go to http://www.modernismweek.com for a list of activities), the vintage trailer show takes place in the parking lot of the Hilton Hotel Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm and Sunday from 10 am to 3pm.
“This colorful end to Modernism Week showcases a diverse collection of trailers, buses, motorhomes and vintage tow vehicles. Owners will be on hand to talk about their trailer’s history, restoration and travels. There will also be a fun mix of retail vendors whose products complement the vintage trailer lifestyle.”
Free street parking is available nearby.
Tickets $10 – $20
*Please note that this event is not wheelchair accessible.
The mission of Modernism Week is to celebrate and foster appreciation of midcentury architecture and design, as well as contemporary thinking in these fields, by encouraging education, preservation and sustainable modern living as represented in the greater Palm Springs area.
Modernism Week is a California 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.
Modernism Week’s signature February Event is an annual celebration of midcentury modern design, architecture, art, fashion and culture. This exciting festival takes place in February in the Palm Springs area of Southern California. Modernism Week features more than 250 events including the Modernism Show & Sale, Signature Home Tours, films, lectures, Premier Double Decker Architectural Bus Tours, nightly parties and live music, walking and bike tours, tours of Sunnylands, fashion, classic cars, modern garden tours, a vintage travel trailer exhibition, and more.No tags for this post.
Official Tin Can Tourists Rallies
The qualifications for a listing as an official TCT Gathering the following guidelines are:
- The Gathering is hosted by a Regional Representative or an active TCT member
- The rally will adhere to the TCT Guiding principles of “clean camps, friendliness among campers, decent behavior and to secure plenty of clean, wholesome entertainment for those in the camp”
- TCT membership is a requirement for attendance. Membership requirements must be clearly stated and collection of the Tin Can Tourists membership fee must be part of the rally registration process.
- The Regional Representative will be the clearing house for area events and recommend events that they feel meet the guidelines for the Official designation. The Regional Representative should be kept informed about the events overall organization.
- Concourses will be limited to the Annual Gathering and Regional Rallies. TCT purchases the awards and provides some judging guidelines and wants to keep such awards “special” by limiting the number of such events. It is up to the Regional Representative as to whether they want to provide a concours for attendees. Each geographical area is unique and the Regional Representative is best suited to decide if such an activity is to be provided.