Here are some helpful links and filters for Rallies
- This event has passed.
February 17 @ 12:00 pm - February 20 @ 3:00 pm
Casual Campout at the Beautiful Cloverdale-Healdsburg Wine Country KOA Camping Resort.
Welcome to Our 5th Annual Cloverdale, California
Sweetheart Valentine’s & Citrus Fair Rally
February 17-20 2016
This is a casual winter campout and you are welcome to come & go as you please. There’s not a scheduled Open Trailers although you can expect a few curious and excited visitors. We do have a couple of informal fun activities planned if you’d like to participate.
On Friday night come on over to Our Host Site #41 from 7-9pm and join us for a complimentary Hot Doggie Coney Island Dinner. Please bring your own beverage.
Saturday morning at 11am we’ll meet at 219 N Cloverdale Blvd in front of Bolt Fabric & Home to watch the Citrus Fair Parade. Meet Kate the Bolt Shop owner! She grew up next door to The Perch Family, the original Aristocrat Trailer Manufacturers in Morgan Hill, CA. We’ve enclosed a map of some fun places to see, shop & eat while you’re in Downtown Cloverdale or Geyserville or 15 miles further south to Healdsburg. (There is another VCT campout in Healdsburg in March if you want to check out the Alexander Valley Rancheria Campground it’s beautiful & super close to Cloverdale!) Baked Potato Prep Volunteers please come to the social hall at 9am to wash, oil & wrap the potatoes
Saturday night at 6pm we’ll meet in the KOA Social Hall for a Baked Potato Bar & Sweetheart Dessert. Please bring a baked potato topping & a dessert if you’d like. Please bring your own beverage. You’re welcome to go into the Social Hall throughout the day to set up your placemats & tableware to designate your seats for the social event.
Please donate an item from your Trailer “Glamping Overstock” for a Raffle. The Raffle covers the Rally Fee. Raffle Tickets are $5 each and 5 for $20. Please place your $5 in the envelopes at the Raffle Table & put your name on the outside of the envelope. The drawing will be held on Sunday morning at the Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Vintage Toaster Brunch in the meadow at 10am. You must be present to claim your Raffle Prize or we will redraw for the Prize. Please bring your Vintage Toaster & something to share for brunch ie: bread, fruit, jam, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, juices etc….
We’ve also enclosed the Citrus Fair Schedule! We hope you love our small Town as much as we do! Have fun and Thank You for coming and give thanks to Our beautiful KOA Host Pamela & Staff for making us so comfortably accomodated! You will have all weekend to reserve your same site again for next year’s Rally. Please do not request a different site until the weekend is over and everyone has checked out. After the weekend the sites will be open to all for reservations.
xo Laura & Nick & Vintage Camper Trailers
The campout theme will be Valentine’s Sweetheart Party, held during the weekend of the cloverdalecitrusfair.org and the President’s Holiday on Monday. Meet and Greet Friday night, Citrus Fair Parade Saturday morning, Baked Potato Bar Saturday night and Toast Party and Raffle Sunday morning. No scheduled open house Laura Waterhouse. Please Text or Call on Saturday’s 707-486-9254 Call Pamela at the KOA to make your reservation and clarify the site charge, There should not be an extra charge for the Rally for children or pets 🙂 Be sure to tell her you are with the Vintage Camper Trailers Club 707-894-3337No tags for this post.
Official Tin Can Tourists Rallies
The qualifications for a listing as an official TCT Gathering the following guidelines are:
- The Gathering is hosted by a Regional Representative or an active TCT member
- The rally will adhere to the TCT Guiding principles of “clean camps, friendliness among campers, decent behavior and to secure plenty of clean, wholesome entertainment for those in the camp”
- TCT membership is a requirement for attendance. Membership requirements must be clearly stated and collection of the Tin Can Tourists membership fee must be part of the rally registration process.
- The Regional Representative will be the clearing house for area events and recommend events that they feel meet the guidelines for the Official designation. The Regional Representative should be kept informed about the events overall organization.
- Concourses will be limited to the Annual Gathering and Regional Rallies. TCT purchases the awards and provides some judging guidelines and wants to keep such awards “special” by limiting the number of such events. It is up to the Regional Representative as to whether they want to provide a concours for attendees. Each geographical area is unique and the Regional Representative is best suited to decide if such an activity is to be provided.