Here are some helpful links and filters for Rallies
- This event has passed.
Vintage Camping Overnight “Under the Beam of Ol’ Barney”
September 23 @ 10:00 am - September 24 @ 2:00 pm$25.00
First vintage camping overnight at Barnegat Lighthouse State Park on Long Beach Island, NJ. Exclusive camping experience open to pre-1992 VW campers, all years Teardrop trailers and pre-1980 vintage trailers. Only 40 “sites” available, $25 per campsite. Pot luck dinner, campfire on the beach and Barnegat Lighthouse open for night climb 7-9 pm. Open house for the public on Saturday from 1-5pm. Restrooms available, no showers, electric or dump station. The Barnegat Light Museum (that exhibits our original lens) will be open 10 am – 4 pm. Send check made out to “Treasurer, State of NJ” to the park at PO Box 167, Barnegat Light NJ 08006. In person registration on Sept. 23rd if sites available. Park Office 609.494.2016.No tags for this post.
Official Tin Can Tourists Rallies
The qualifications for a listing as an official TCT Gathering the following guidelines are:
- The Gathering is hosted by a Regional Representative or an active TCT member
- The rally will adhere to the TCT Guiding principles of “clean camps, friendliness among campers, decent behavior and to secure plenty of clean, wholesome entertainment for those in the camp”
- TCT membership is a requirement for attendance. Membership requirements must be clearly stated and collection of the Tin Can Tourists membership fee must be part of the rally registration process.
- The Regional Representative will be the clearing house for area events and recommend events that they feel meet the guidelines for the Official designation. The Regional Representative should be kept informed about the events overall organization.
- Concourses will be limited to the Annual Gathering and Regional Rallies. TCT purchases the awards and provides some judging guidelines and wants to keep such awards “special” by limiting the number of such events. It is up to the Regional Representative as to whether they want to provide a concours for attendees. Each geographical area is unique and the Regional Representative is best suited to decide if such an activity is to be provided.