Here are some helpful links and filters for Rallies
- This event has passed.
Wonderful Women in Waxahachie (W3)
April 20 - April 23
We will be camping like girls at the beautiful Getzandaner Park in Waxahachie, Texas the weekend of April 20-23, 2017. The Sisters on the Fly and the Girl Camper Podcast invite all those Girl Campers and Sisters on the Fly to show ’em how to ‘Camp Like a Girl’. Maurrie Sussman and Becky Clarke, founders of Sisters on the Fly and Janine Pettit, host of the Girl Camper Podcast will be on hand. The Convention and Visitors Bureau of Waxahachie has invited us to show our style off in their beautiful park while hob knobbing with VIP’s at their annual Crossroads of Texas Film Festival. We arrive Thursday and make camp in the park. Boondocking in style and then heading into town on the bike path from the park or by car for the Buddy Holly Story showing at the restored theatre on the historic Waxahachie square. The film is followed by a cocktail reception at City Hall Landing with music by the Vinyl Stripes. Back to camp for meeting and greeting old friends and making new ones. On Friday you can enjoy the film festival offerings or shop the antique stores on the square. From 5-7 there will be another VIP gathering at the Dove’s Nest on the square. Hearty food and cocktails included and then back to camp for an outdoor showing of the movie, Dirty Dancing. Just bring your chair! The CVB is doing the rest for us. On Saturday there is a car show in town and more Film Festival activities. Continue exploring the square or branch out and explore the backroads. On Saturday evening there will be a dinner hosted in the park at camp and then a concert in the historic Chautauqua in the park. All of the events are included in the Crossroads of Texas Film Festival VIP ticket which Girl Campers and Sisters on the Fly can buy on their site for a special price of $100. For the $25 savings you must use the coupon code GIRLCAMPER. Because the CVB has been so generous with their ticket price and all the evening meals are in it, we will not be offering any potluck dinners or planned group meals. We recognize a good thing when we see it and if someone is offering to provide us with food and beverages and entertainment all weekend for $100, we’re in!! There is also a send off breakfast on Sunday morning and the CVB will be providing a comfort and coffee station for the Girl Campers as well as two hotel rooms nearby for hot showers and hair drying!
You can register for this event at Meetup.com by becoming a member of the “Camp Like a Girl” group. In order to join you must make sure that you choose the “any distance” category when looking for the group. Type in Camp Like a Girl (Bordentown NJ) and request membership. There is a $25 fee for the event as well as the VIP ticket for the Film Festival. You are welcome to camp without the Film Festival but will be on your own for all meals. You can also join us for the Film Festival and all of our activities without having to camp. You can book a B&B in town (The Chaska House or The English Merchants Inn) or get a room for the event at a local hotel.
Now, for the camping part! There is no wrong way to Camp Like a Girl and no one does this better than the Sisters on the Fly. You can come and camp with them without having to be a member – a “sister on the try” event. If you have always wanted to be a sister on the fly, here is your chance to camp with them. You can trailer camp, car camp, tent camp, back of your pick up truck camp! Just make it pretty. Grab a girlfriend or two and go on an adventure! Do it up! There is going to be a camp site tour for charity on Saturday morning so we ask that you set a few hours aside for that. Particiapents will “vote” for the best site by dropping a $1 or a coin in a bucket at their favorite campsite. The donations will go to the HoldYou Foundation which assists parents with critically ill children meet the unexpected and unabsorbable expenses associated with their diagnosis’. It’s a great opportunity to create your dream campsite!
In order to purchase your VIP pass for all the good food and fun you need to go the the Crossroads of Texas Film Festival site. Dont forget the coupon code GIRLCAMPER.
Official Tin Can Tourists Rallies
The qualifications for a listing as an official TCT Gathering the following guidelines are:
- The Gathering is hosted by a Regional Representative or an active TCT member
- The rally will adhere to the TCT Guiding principles of “clean camps, friendliness among campers, decent behavior and to secure plenty of clean, wholesome entertainment for those in the camp”
- TCT membership is a requirement for attendance. Membership requirements must be clearly stated and collection of the Tin Can Tourists membership fee must be part of the rally registration process.
- The Regional Representative will be the clearing house for area events and recommend events that they feel meet the guidelines for the Official designation. The Regional Representative should be kept informed about the events overall organization.
- Concourses will be limited to the Annual Gathering and Regional Rallies. TCT purchases the awards and provides some judging guidelines and wants to keep such awards “special” by limiting the number of such events. It is up to the Regional Representative as to whether they want to provide a concours for attendees. Each geographical area is unique and the Regional Representative is best suited to decide if such an activity is to be provided.