- How to become a Tin Can Tourists member: http://tincantourists.com/blog/become-a-member/
- When are memberships renewed? Annually in May. We will send you an email or if you have a paypal subscription it will renew automatically and are $5 cheaper. Dues paid prior to the Fall Issue of Tin Can Tales (Late Sept or early Oct) will be due for renewal in May of the next year. We do this to get all members on the same renewal date – the Annual Gathering Date in May.
You will have received access to the spring, summer, fall, winter and next springs newsletters, your membership card(s), and club decal.
- I want to sell my trailer? You’ll get lots of people looking at it in the Tin Can Tourists classifieds and they are free: https://tincantourists.com/blog/classified-ads/
- Where to I place my TCT Sticker on my trailer? There are really two places on a trailer that work – on the back window so people see it while traveling and by the front door so people see it at campgrounds. You can always purchase another if you want one for your tow vehicle.
- Can I promote a vintage trailer rally here? If it is vintage trailer related, then yes (please indicated that it is NOT a TCT rally) You should list the event on our website using this page: http://tincantourists.com/blog/events/community/add
- Are there trailer age restrictions for the club? No – we are open to all.
- How old does a trailer have to be to be considered vintage? TCT considers a trailer that is 25 years old vintage and a motorhome that is 20 years old. But this is only for judging in our rallies.
- I’d like to attend a TCT rally, where do I find information? Click on events above or go to https://tincantourists.com/blog/events/
- Does the TCT have a listing of vintage friendly campgrounds? https://tincantourists.com/blog/vintage-friendly-campgrounds/
- I’m looking for information on a trailer, can someone help? Post a pictures here and check this http://tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=listing_of_manufacturers
- Where do I find the VIN or serial number on my trailer? http://tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=trailer_identification_resources
- I’m going to look at a trailer for sale – what should I be bringing and looking for? http://tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=what_is_my_vintage_trailer_worth
- What is my trailer worth? http://tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=what_is_my_vintage_trailer_worth
- I need to get an appraisal for insurance, does anyone do that? Yes – here is a list: http://tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=vintage_rv_restoration_shops_appraisers
- Can I get “Agreed Value” insurance for my Vintage Trailer? https://tincantourists.com/blog/trailer-insurance/
- I’ve never towed before – what do I need to know? http://tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=trailer_towing_information
- Where and how do I search for a vintage trailer? http://tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=where_to_search_for_your_vintage_camper
- The lights on my trailer aren’t working, what do I do? http://tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=trailer_tail_light_wiring_troubleshooting
- I’d like to have a rally in my campground, what is involved? https://tincantourists.com/blog/have-a-rally-at-your-campground/
- What is the history behind the club? http://tincantourists.com/blog/2818-2/
- Does “Tin Can” mean the club is only for aluminum or metal trailers? No – it originally referred to the cars “Tin Lizzies” they drove and the Tin Cans that they brought their food in.
- What does 1919 and 1998 mean on the TCT logo and stickers? 1919 is when the club originally began and 1998 is when it was renewed as an all make and model vintage trailer club.
- Does the club have a pinterest page? http://www.pinterest.com/tincantourists/
- Do you have pictures of your rallies? Yes, thousands http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbone2/collections/72157622322464027/
- Can I post information about my trailer on the website? Yes – member pages are here: http://www.tincantourists.com/wiki/doku.php?id=listing_of_tct_member_pages
- Can I buy Tin Can Tourists stuff? At most rallies we sell TCT stuff but you can buy items here: http://www.tincantourists.com/blog/store/
- Do you have local chapters? No but we have regional and state reps http://tincantourists.com/blog/tct-regional-representatives/ and a few regional TCT facebook groups to help organize their rallies –
Mid-States region https://www.facebook.com/groups/550500565081799/
Northeast region https://www.facebook.com/groups/1513838988867732/
Southeast region https://www.facebook.com/groups/1515915551998467/
Northwest region https://www.facebook.com/groups/706713236109734/
Southwest region https://www.facebook.com/groups/833451846705164/
TCT State groups:
Colorado http://www.meetup.com/Tin-Can-Tourists-Colorado/Any FAQ that are missing – please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll add to this list