TCT Rallies | Mid-States Region | Southeast Region | Northeast Region | Southwest Region | Northwest Region | Oh Canada
Florida Centennial Caravan
November 8 - November 16
TCT has had a number of Caravans that have been highly successful and enjoyed by participants as well as visitors that have taken advantage of Open Houses during the trips.
We have had the following caravan adventures.
- June 4-10, 2006 – Bicentennial of the Historic National Road (Route 40) Caravan
- June 2-8, 2010 – Route 6 Caravan
- June 23 – July 4, 2013 – Lincoln Highway Caravan
- July 30 – August 8, 2015 – Super Duper Yooper Looper Caravan (Michigan Upper Peninsula)
You won’t want to miss the opportunity to participate in the Florida Centennial Caravan. To reserve a spot in the Centennial Caravan, a $100 deposit will be required. You will be notified well in advance of the starting date as to the total cost of the caravan. The caravan is initially limited to all antique, vintage and classic makes and models. If space is available, any TCT member with a retro or newer model will be able to participate.
To reserve your spot, send a check for $100 made out to Tin Can Tourists to Forrest Bone, mail them to Forrest Bone. PO Box 489, Gregory, Michigan 48137.
Centennial Celebration Caravan – Florida
- November 8, 2019 – Friday Arrival at the Turner Agri/Civic Center – Full Hookup Sites – Meet and Greet followed by a Catered Dinner or possible Potluck with DeSoto Historical Society members
- November 9, 2019, – Open House with parking donation for the DeSoto Historical Society and the Arts Council – Dinner on your own
- November 10, 2019 – Visit Arcadia for a great Antiquing experience – 4 O’clock social hour
- November 11, 2019 – Presentation for the DeSoto Historical Society “The History of the Tin Can Tourists”
- **November 12, 2019 – Depart for Sarasota Fairgrounds – lunch stop at the Avon Depot Museum in Avon Park Florida – Social Hour followed by a catered dinner
- November 13, 2019 – Visit Sarasota: Tour Opportunities: Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium, Selby Gardens, and Ringling Museum.
- November 14, 2019 – Social Hour and possible potluck with the Sarasota Historical Society
- November 15, 2019 – Catered Breakfast and Open House
- November 16, 2019 – Stay or Go, an extended stay option is available if you wish to enjoy the Sarasota Medieval Festival on the Fairground at an additional site fee and ticket if you choose to stay