Florida TCT Centennial Celebration
February 19 - February 24
Centennial Celebration at the Winter Convention
February 19-24, 2019 Monday the 18th as an early arrival day.
- Monday – early arrival day – Arrive after 1 pm. Happy Hour to distribute packets
- Tuesday –Meet and Greet Social Hour, Dinner: Chicken and Beef Taco Bar , welcome by local dignitaries, initiation, new Sertoma attendees ID’d, Evening Swing Dance music provided by Annie McPherson & the Bella Luna Band
- Wednesday – Q & A Session, Tom Smalls automotive museum for an extended time, Catered Dinner, Antsy McClain night, a Car show in the afternoon, extending and invitation to car show participants to stay for dinner, and Antsy McClain. To register for the Car Show – Click Here
- Thursday – Seminar Day- two sessions in AM and two in PM ( 9-11 and 1-3, greet new arrivals if sites are available, Meet and Greet at 5, Catered meal followed by Dan Hershberger’s Presentation: TBA at 7 pm
- Friday – Charter bus trip to Desoto Park for the ceremony commemorating the people that formed TCT. Lunch at Columbia Restaurant, History of TCT presentation at Columbia – evening – Finger Food/Dessert Pot Luck, Fifty/Fifty, Music Tales of the Double Wide, after Tales of the Double Wide music continues at the small pavilion
- Saturday – Biscuits and Gravy, Open House and homegrown music, BBQ, Dance Music – in Evening – theme “Walk the Red Carpet.”
- Sunday – Closing Ceremony
*Daily Q & A Tech Session + Scheduled Seminars:
- ‘Window Worries’ All about windows including types of trailer windows, parts, sealing, repairing, maintenance, replacing glass, polishing, etc. Presented by Tim Heintz
- ‘Hitches to Hubs’ All the upkeep and maintenance your trailer will require to pull safely on the road. How to check running light issues, hitch issues, sway control, weight distribution, axles, springs, how to change tires easily, and how to remove-clean-inspect-re-grease your bearings, etc.… Presented by ‘The Heintz Brothers, Russell & Robert Heintz’
- ‘Better Backing’ Easy tips to back a trailer up easier, dos and don’ts of backing, and optional real-life trials to test your abilities with professional guidance. (You must provide your own tow vehicle as a cargo trailer will be used for the test) Presented by ‘TBA’
- ‘Simple Seams’ Everything you need to know about making your own simple curtains and other simple items for your trailer. Please bring your own sewing machine if you have one as well as any scrap material and thread. There will likely be a few extra machines and material to share on site. Presented by ‘Ann Clark, and others TBA’
- Vintage Trailer Insurance
- Fire Safety
There will also be a panel of experts every morning to answer your questions about vintage trailers. If you have a specific topic or question you will be able to submit such question the night before at the rally, or you can post them under this post and we will add them to our list and try to get to all questions.
Centennial Celebration Registration Guidelines
There are many changes to this 100 Year Registration process due to the extended length of the Celebration itself and the projected, additional number of attendees. The TCT is being preemptive with increased planning and organization at the TCT end of things. To encourage your help with this, a $20 Early Bird Discount can be taken advantage of by those that get their registration in before 12/12/18!
The registration form covers February 18 to 24, 2019. An early arrival is an option on February 18th, but campground admittance must be after 1 pm. If you arrive before 1 p.m., you can park in the visitors parking lot just outside the actual campground. Admittance will then occur after one o’clock, with TCT staff assistance.
After we process the full week registration and IF we don’t sell out during this 1st registration, registration for any remaining sites will be sent out and posted on the website, TBD. This 2nd. registration will be a Thursday through Sunday registration.
There are approximately only 200 campsites available. We filled nearly 85% last year. If you want a guaranteed spot for this special TCT 100 Year Centennial, it is strongly suggested to register now. Please, do not delay! Take advantage of the early bird discount! Once we sell out, we will be discussing the possibility of adding primitive camping without electricity or water hookup. TBD
We will have a special hotel rate available for those that need them. If you are interested in that option, register with the Offsite Registration Form. Hotel info will be available with your registration confirmation.
NOTE: NO ADDITIONAL MEAL TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE EVENT
The TCT is excited to extend an invitation for attendees to invite their family and friends to join us Saturday, after the open house for dinner and the evening entertainment and also to the Wednesday Car Show/Dinner Show extravaganza.
NOTE: ADVANCE TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED. DETAILS WILL BE SENT WITH REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION
CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refund up to Feb 1, 2019 and 50% up to Feb 10, 2019. If we can fill the vacated spot from the waiting list, there is potential for an additional refund.
As of 1/17/19 – the campground is full and SOLD OUT. You can still participate by staying offsite if you’d like.
Get Your Dinner and Entertainment Tickets for the Florida Centennial Celebration
Absolutely NO Tickets will be available at the event. Catering counts must be in advance.
Ticket forms must be postmarked by February 1, 2019
You aren’t able to come to the entire event but really want in on some of the action??!!
Hangout with your TCT friends on Wednesday and/or Saturday and see what the fun is all about! If you don’t have a vintage trailer yet this certainly will urge you to get one!
Wednesday Ticket will allow you to enjoy the Rolling History Car Show beginning at noon followed by a Catered Dinner and stage performer Antsy McLain, founder and front man for the Trailer Park Troubadours.
Saturday Ticket will allow you to stay after the Open House is over for the 5:00 Happy Hour
Music Performance by 2PM, followed by a delicious catered BBQ dinner and the Walk The Red
Carpet evening extravaganza with the Karen and Jimmy Band headlining the stage! Do bring
your best dress or style of your favorite movie star or era. Costumes will be judged by all! There
will be an instant photo booth for capturing the fun too!
The ticket fee is $20 for the person for either Wednesday or Saturday.
($5 parking fee still applies)
REMEMBER…ABSOLUTELY NO Tickets will be available at the event. Catering counts must be
in advance. IF you don’t have a magic ticket to get in….you won’t!!
Ticket forms must be postmarked by February 1, 2019
Any questions contact Carl email@example.com 813-310-6634No tags for this post.