Michigan Centennial Caravan
June 17, 2019 - June 23, 2019
TCT has had a number of Caravans that have been highly successful and enjoyed by participants as well as
visitors that have taken advantage of Open Houses during the trips.
We have had the following caravan adventures.
- June 4-10, 2006 – Bicentennial of the Historic National Road (Route 40) Caravan
- June 2-8, 2010 – Route 6 Caravan
- June 23 – July 4, 2013 – Lincoln Highway Caravan
- July 30 – August 8, 2015 – Super Duper Yooper Looper Caravan (Michigan Upper Peninsula)
You won’t want to miss the opportunity to participate in the Michigan Centennial Celebration Caravan.
To reserve a spot in the Centennial Celebration Caravan, a $100 deposit will be required. You will be notified well in advance of the starting date as to the total cost of the caravan. The caravan is initially limited to all antique, vintage and classic makes and models. If space is available, any TCT member with a retro or newer model will be able to participate.
The Michigan Caravan will not have any restrictions on the number of antique, vintage or classic makes. There is ample room at the Ingham County Fairgrounds, Orchard Beach, and the site to be determined in Traverse City.
To reserve your spot, send a check for $100 made out to Tin Can Tourists to Forrest Bone, mail them to Forrest Bone. PO Box 489, Gregory, Michigan 48137.
Centennial Celebration Caravan – Michigan
Michigan Centennial Caravan Itinerary
- June 17 Assemble at Ingham County Fairgrounds, Mason Michigan, Catered Dinner and Kickoff Party – Fast Eddie
- June 18 Enjoy Mason –
- June 19 – depart Mason, Destination Orchard Beach State Park, Manistee Michigan – Hosts Manistee Historical Society – Catered meal and movie in the Theatre
- June 20 – Walk around Open House for other campers + have the history on disk to be shown at various times at the Pavilion.
- June 21 Depart Manistee, Destination Interlochen State Park, Host Traverse City, Leelanau Historical Society and Empire Historical Societies, Catered meal, Presentation on the history of TCT
- June 22 Open House, Entertainment + Presentation for locals
- June 23 – Stay and enjoy the Traverse City Area
- June 24 – Departure – Rapid River Campground an option for an extended stay in the area
During our stay at Orchard Beach, we would provide an Open House for fellow campers.
At Interlochen, we would like to utilize the picnic shelter as a gathering spot for informal get-togethers, morning coffee, and Saturday entertainment.
We are working on providing a 1927 Kamp Kar for display along with historically accurate camping equipment and an early Clare camper towed by a Ford Model T. These items would fit perfectly with the state’s and TCT’s Centennial Celebrations.
(The registration form allows you to enter your information from a computer – just download, edit and print)Michigan Place Holder for Caravan
No tags for this post.