Michigan TCT Centennial Celebration
May 14 - May 19
Centennial Celebration Camp Dearborn
May 14th to 19th
Monday the 13th will be an early arrival day
Michigan Draft Agenda – Centennial Celebration
- Monday, May 13 – Early Arrival Day – Happy Hour to distribute materials
Small Tent display behind restrooms – – ‘20’s Campers, Gear, etc.
- Tuesday – ** 4 O’clock Social, Dinner, Opening Ceremony, Initiation
**Working with Rivers Edge owner, Ryan Wiltse and the adjacent Suzanne Haskew Arts Center, Sue Gallon, Director for a photographic and informational display of TCT material. We have had a couple of meetings to get acquainted with the people involved. Tentative plans are to put together a ticket price for some snacks and beer at the Rivers Edge and access to the
TCT exhibit. The evening will be a fundraiser for the Arts Center, and the public will be invited to the same $ donation.
- Wednesday – Coffee, Treats & Morning Tech with Kirk, 10 am Seminars Traveling Safely – Terry Evans & 1:00 Insurance Coverage (Hagerty or other) – Dinner, 7:00 pm Evening Presentation Dan Hershberger: TBA
- Thursday – Coffee & treats, Media Day, “Made in Michigan” – Featuring Campers made in Michigan and an early camper display at the small tent, Fast Eddie Band playing up in the camping area, Dinner, History of Tin Can Tourists – Presentation
“History of Tin Can Tourists.”
- Friday – Coffee & Treats, Morning Tech with Kirk, Dinner, Band, and Dance theme: You’re invited to the 1919 TCT Dance. Let’s dress like our founders and foxtrot the night away. Think Great Gatsby and Flapper.
- Saturday – Catered Breakfast, Open House, Dinner, Antsy McClain front man for the Trailer Park Troubadours.
- Sunday – Coffee and Treats
- Looking for a morning coffee preparation group
- *Daily Q & A Tech Session + Scheduled Seminars – Agreed value insurance, fire
safety, backing up a trailer, water leak solutions, etc. Send out the form for question
submission early and have file cards for use later.
Please read fully:
2019 Centennial Celebration Registration Procedure
Mail-in registrations so that they are postmarked on or after Wednesday, January 9th, 2019. First Class mail, only. The registrations postmarked on that date will be randomly placed in a box to be drawn to complete the numerical roster. This roster will be finalized and sent to Camp Dearborn. You will be contacted by Camp Dearborn on or after February 18th to reserve your site. This procedure may take a couple of weeks to contact everyone. Your phone number is extremely important to ensure a smooth and orderly site reservation process. Have your credit card available.
Submitting a registration form postmarked before January 9th will cause the registration to be processed after all others have been processed.
The numerical list will be sent to Camp Dearborn indicating your site preference. Many of the preferences will be honored. If your preference is not open, your preference as to whether you indicated electric only or full hook-up would help Camp narrow down the site possibilities.
There are some things you need to consider regarding site preference:
- Check the Camp Dearborn site to determine site preference and site fees: https://www.campdearborn.com/
- There is a high demand for Sites 1-65 (electric only). They fill up the fastest
- K Row is an electric only area that may suit you
- Twenty-four electric only sites are available near the meeting tent. People with mobility difficulties might consider these sites (New Maple Area). There is a restroom located near the tent. There will not be individual fire pits or open fires allowed in this area.
- The date for the Fall Gathering is September 26 to 29 – consider registering now to secure your site
- Indicate on the registration if your camper was manufactured in Michigan
Extended stay registrations will be processed first and then short stay next.
No tags for this post.