Owosso Coach was located in Owosso, MI for all but a few months of its existence. According to the Owosso Argus Press: Owosso Coach Company began in 1939 in Carunna, MI as the Millcraft Products Company and moved to Owosso, MI that same year. In 1942 they relocated to their final address where they produced high end travel trailers until they changed to mobile home production under the new name of Owosso Mobile Home Company in the later half of the 1950s. SOURCE: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1978&dat=19550405&id=lmElAAAAIBAJ&sjid=hqsFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3649,281881
In March of 1950 the company received top honors at the annual Chicago Intl. Sports & Outdoor show with their stock production models of their 30 and 34 foot additions to their growing line up of quality travel trailers. Apparently the special units they built for the show were sold to a dealer so they took 2 units fresh off the line to the show. SOURCE: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1978&dat=19500307&id=gwQvAAAAIBAJ&sjid=xKsFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5847,4277818
Travel Trailers – 1939-late 1950s
Mobile homes – late 50s-1960(ish)
The initial walk through of our unit.
A 1951 Unit
A 1953 Renovation
Tim & Katya Clark - 1950-27'x8'