Penguin Industries, Inc 2508 Middlebury St. Elkhart, Indiana 46514 Box 1284
At least 1969 1970 & 1971 ,other years unknown ( Info on this Page reprinted from 1970 Brochure )
Penguin 14′-6″ and 16′ FD (front dinette) and SD (side dinette) Models Width
— All models 7′ * 16’Model
— Weight, Approx 1440 lbs., Hitch Weight Approx. 140 lbs.
* 14′-6″ Model Weight, Approx. 1200 lbs., Hitch Weight Approx. 110 lbs. Penguin 20′ FD and SD Models Length: 20′-5″
* Width: 7′. Weight: 2800 lbs.
* Hitch Weight: 300 lbs.
* 7:00 x 14 inch wheels and tires
* Steel Frame
* Insulated Sidewalls
* Double Floor Construction
* Metal Bottom
* Large Miami Type Windows
* Front Window Awning
* Double 20 lb. Gas Bottles
Standard Interior Equipment (14′-6″ and 16′ models)
- Two Burner LP gas Stove
- 35 lb. Ice Box in 14′ Model–75 lb. Ice Box in 16′ Model
- Gaucho Bed with accomodations for two
- 4″ PolyFoam Cushions
- Dinette which converts to bed
- 110 volt and 12 volt lighting * One piece Linoleum flooring * 14″ x 14″ Lumadome Ceiling Vent
- Wardrobe large enough for marine stool in 14′ SD and 16′ Models
- City Water, Gas Light (in 16′ model only)
- Canvas Bunk
Standard Interior Equipment ( 20′ models) FD and SD
- Pleated Drapes
- Marine Stool and Lavatory
- Pressure water with 20 gal. fresh water storage tank
- Oven Range
- Double Sinks
- 110 volt and 12 volt lighting
- 5″ PolyFoam Cushion
- 14′ x 14′ LumaDome Ceiling Vent
- Range Hood and Power Vent
- Awning Rail
- Gas/Electric Refrigerator (3 cu.ft.)
- 16,000 BTU Automatic Heater
- Hose Bumper
- Full Screen Door
- OPTIONS: 20′ Model
- Shower with telephone wand sprayer
- Gas Water Heater
- Swing Bunk with 3″ Mattress
- 2 Bunk Windows
- Blower/Fan for Heater
- Power Roof Vent
- Privacy Cutain
- Gas Light
- Gas/Electric Refrigerator(4 cu. ft.)
- 7 way Power Plug to car
- Height–All models: Exterior 7′-4″, Interior 6′-1″.
- Steel Frame.
- Heavy Duty Drop Axle.
- Aluminum Door with Sliding window and screen.
- Front window Awning.
- 6:00 x 13 wheels and tires.
- Lights include: Tail, Stop, Directional, Regulation ICC Running Lights.
- 12 gal. Water Tank with Pump and Outside Fill.
- Prefinished Aluminum Exterior.
- Windows- Miami Crystal.
- Metal Bottom.
- One piece Molded Wheel Wells and insulated sidewalls.
The Logo Design was a pair of Penguins with scarves around their necks riding a bicycle built for two (no kidding). Pre-finished Aluminum Siding with Woodgrain Look Accent Panels
- Swing Bunk with 3″ mattress
- Rear Window
- Gas Light and City Water (14′ Option)(STD 16′)
- Dual Gas Bottles and regulator
- Gas/Electric Refrigerator
- Front Overhead cabinet
- Gas Heater (STD on 16′ model)
- Bunk Windows
- Oven Range
- Pressure Water with 20 gallon fresh water tank
- Marine Stool
- Two-Tone Interior