Watch Angelic Hathway provide all the details on Hagerty’s new vintage trailer insurance program. Angelic joined Tin Can Tourists’ Terry Bone during the 4th session of the Tin Can Tutoring session to present the program and to answer questions.
Benefits of Hagerty Vintage Camper Trailer Insurance
- Guaranteed Value®- We’ll work with you to determine an accurate value for your trailer. No appraisal is required. If a covered total loss happens, we’ll pay you that amount. Guaranteed.
- Premises Liability – You can rest easy knowing you are protected while your trailer is set up and being used on a site.
- Personal property – Also included with your policy is protection up to $1,500 for items like clothing, furnishings and electronics and up to $500 for awnings.
- Expert claims handling – If you need to file a claim, you’ll talk to an in-house specialist who understands vintage camper repair. You can choose the shop or do the work yourself (we’ll pay you).
- Vehicle Under Construction – For an additional $20/yr., your trailer is protected while being restored or renovated and you get 10% automatic quarterly value increases to its Guaranteed Value®. Includes $750 in automotive tool coverage.
- Evacuation Expense – Add $5 to your policy and get a portion of reasonable expenses paid for while moving vehicles from an area experiencing emergency conditions.
- Cherished Salvage – In the unfortunate event of a covered total loss, keep your camper and still receive its Guaranteed Value® (less any deductible). Cost is 15% of the vehicle’s comprehensive and collision premium.
Qualifying for vintage camper trailer insurance
Before you hitch it up, check out what qualifies
- The camper must be towable—motorized campers are not eligible
- The minimum insured value is $2,000
- Campers must be 25 years or older. Newer replicas will be considered
- Condition must be good to better condition, unless the camper is undergoing active restoration. Photos are required
- You can’t live in your camper full-time or use it for business
- No outside storage allowed in Florida, or within 50 miles of the coast in Louisiana
- Exterior and interior photos required